The symbol for a tenth wedding anniversary is tin. Not a very common material for things to be made from, so this year might be a bit challenging. Tin was chosen as the traditional symbol for 10 years of marriage because it is both durable and flexible. Ten years of married life is quite a significant milestone, one of the first of many we hope. Aluminum also features in the list as a traditional alternative, which opens up a whole load of other options when it comes to finding the perfect 10th anniversary gifts for her. The modern list features diamonds, but most particularly jewelry. And finding the most adorable piece of diamond jewelry for her should make your gift choosing a doddle.
If your marriage has made it through everything life has thrown at you, including the possible addition of kids, then it should be as strong as diamonds. So what better gift to give your wife for your 10th anniversary than a diamond necklace, earrings, bracelet or ring. Show her that your love is forever with your well chosen gift.
10th Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
Silver-Dipped Rose Silver
- A real rose coated in pure silver
- In a stylish display case, with an authenticity certificate.
- Bright and lustrous mirror finish
Gold-Dipped Rose Gold rose
- A real rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- In a beautiful PU leather display case
- Brilliant and lustrous mirror finish
Jewelry Set Sets
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- In a high quality leather display case
Shining Examples of 10th Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
As well as the traditional and modern gift lists, there are also anniversary gift lists of flowers and gemstones. Why gemstones? Because they’re not only beautiful, but represent specific virtues and are thought to have certain healing qualities.
For a 10th anniversary the gemstones that have become associated with this milestone are diamonds, as we’ve mentioned before, and blue sapphires. And what do these represent?
Diamonds – the hardest and most valuable gemstone of all. It stands for many different things including wealth, bravery, abundance, and not forgetting love and harmony. Quite symbolic for ten years of wedded bliss.
Blue Sapphires – Blue sapphires are a popular gemstone for anniversaries, because they are associated with faithfulness. They also symbolise sincerity and truth.
And when it comes to finding 10th wedding anniversary gifts for your wife, jewelry featuring one of these stones will surely make you husband of the year. Before you rush out to the jewelry store take a look at some of the pieces she’s already got in her trinket box. Buying her something completely off the wall may not get the reception you were hoping for.
Say it with Tin? How Hard Can it Be?
Wondering what earth you can buy that’s made of tin? Want to impress her with your choice of traditional gift, but haven’t got a clue about where to start? Here’s a few helpful hints:
- A trip to the World of Coca Cola – is a cold can of Coke her favourite drink? Take her on a roadtrip down to Atlanta, Georgia and visit the show-case museum, where she can learn all about Coca Cola’s history. As an added bonus there are multiple interactive exhibits, as well as over 100 different beverages to sample.
- The Wizard of Oz – who doesn’t love a bit of nostalgia. Indulge the little girl inside your wife and watch the Wizard of Oz. The connection with the traditional 10th anniversary gift is of course – the Tin Man.
- Chocolates – naturally these would have to be presented in a tin gift box, because cardboard just won’t fit in with the theme.
- Gift Tin Bucket – filled to the brim with all her favourites. Books, DVD’s, CD’s, beauty products, food items and not forgetting her favourite can of beer. No only kidding here, the can of beer is of course for you.
- Tin Toy – no longer manufactured, tin toys are far superior to any of today’s modern plastic versions. Take a trip down to the local flea market and see what you can find.
10 Year Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her – Maybe Something Aluminum
- Kitchen Gadgets – not always a favourite for the woman in your life, after all you can buy her a kitchen appliance any time of the year. But why not try and see if you can find an unusual aluminum kitchen gadget, designed to make working and cooking in the kitchen a pleasure and joy?
- iPod – she’s bound to love you for this sort of gift, and you could even download her favourite tunes. Where does aluminum come into this? An iPod is made from aluminum.
- Custom Sign or Plaque – have a customised sign or plaque made with something funny and hilarious, or downright sentimental.
- Aluminum briefcase or lunchbox – make her days at the office much sweeter by giving her something she can remember you by, every time she opens it.
If all else fails, or the ideas we’ve given just don’t float your boat, wrap the gift you’ve chosen in aluminum foil – traditional 10th wedding anniversary symbol ticked off the list.
Say it With Flowers – 10th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
We’ve already mentioned that there’s a list for anniversary flowers, so let’s look into the right flowers to buy for such a memorable occasion. The beautiful yellow daffodil is the flower most popularly associated with a 10th wedding anniversary. Put a bunch of them together and you’ve got a fantastic bouquet of color. Let’s see how it can be linked to 10 years of marriage. You’ve been together for 10 years, and during that time you’ve experienced lots of joyous times together. Viewed on their own they hold a special feeling, but gather them together and the memories are astounding. Choose to give them as a bunch of cut flowers, or give your wife a living plant, and she’ll be able to plant them in the garden, and relive the moment every single year.
So if you’re looking for an unique and unusual gift for your wife, take on board a few of our suggestions, and we’re pretty sure you’ll have a great anniversary day. But don’t feel you have to go with our advice. There are hundreds, if not thousands of suitable anniversary gifts to choose from. Think about the person you’re buying for. Her likes, dislikes, taste and style and you’re bound to find something to make your anniversary full of positive feelings.