A 19th wedding anniversary is another one of those years that didn’t call for much celebration until more recently. A traditional list of themes was compiled to mark important anniversary years, but many of them were missed out. The first few years of marriage, and years ending in 5 or zero after that, all had helpful and symbolic themes to help with the giving of gifts.
It was later that the list was extended to include other anniversary years. Whether this was because someone could hear the cash register calling, or because it was felt that every year of married life was important, we really don’t know. Here at anniversarygiftideasforher.com, we prefer to be optimists, rather than pessimists. And think that the list was extended because every passing year should be seen as a milestone and marked accordingly.
The modern list gives bronze as the nineteenth anniversary theme. The theme was likely chosen because of its long association with healing, and because it signifies stability and health within a union. Much like a couple who have been married for nineteen years support each other through lifes ups and downs.
For those of you looking for inspiration, and we’d put our money on you being one of them, let’s look at some of the themes associated with 19 year wedding anniversary gift ideas for her.
19th Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
Silver-Dipped Rose Silver
- A real rose coated in pure silver
- In a stylish display case, with an authenticity certificate.
- Bright and lustrous mirror finish
Gold-Dipped Rose Gold rose
- A real rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- In a beautiful PU leather display case
- Brilliant and lustrous mirror finish
Jewelry Set Sets
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- In a high quality leather display case
The modern theme for 19th anniversary gifts for her is bronze
Bronze is made by combining copper and tin to form a metal that is renowned for its beauty, durability and strength. After 19 years of marital bliss, well hopefully at least a few of them were, your souls will have unified to become one whole. Corny enough for you? All joking aside, let’s move swiftly on with some ideas.
- Book a beach vacation – Tell your wife to pack her sunscreen, and book a vacation somewhere hot. It’s looking at the theme from a different angle, but why can’t you give her the opportunity to get bronzed on the beach?
- Sculpture – If your wife is an art lover she’s going to appreciate a bronze sculpture.
- Vase filled with bronze colored flowers – There are a number of varieties of flowers with bronze colored blooms such as orchids, hydrangeas, chrysanthemums, or calla lilies. Find a vase made from bronze and you’ve got her the perfect 19 year anniversary gift.
- Bronze colored home accessories – If your wife would love to spruce up the home consider a bronze colored knick-knack, throw, or floor covering.
- Candlesticks – Bring some bronze candlesticks to your anniversary table and enjoy a romantic meal.
- Bronze picture frame – Fill a bronze picture frame with a photograph that has special meaning.
Aside from bronze there are a number of other themes that have become popular for 19th wedding anniversary gifts.
Give your wife the gift of aquamarine for her 19th anniversary gift
Aquamarine is a variety of beryl that is blue or cyan in color. Emeralds are another form of beryl you’ll be more familiar with. The color of this stone can range from the palest of blue to a deep ocean blue, which is called maxixe. With a color that can be deep and mysterious it’s no wonder it has become popular for nineteenth anniversary gifts.
Aquamarine has featured in legends and had symbolic meaning over the years. It is believed to bring peace among enemies, love to a marriage, and will bless the wearer with love and friendship. Sailors often carried this stone with them, as it was believed it would offer them safe passage in stormy waters.
Topaz is another gemstone that has become a modern theme for 19 year anniversary gifts. It ranges in color from bright yellow to brown, and there is also a blue topaz that looks very similar to aquamarine. This gem comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and makes for a dazzling addition to an item of jewelry, or sparkling decor for the home.
Don’t worry about sticking with tradition – make your own
When writing about anniversary gifts there are always going to be a number of themes running through the page. Many people enjoy the fact that there is a list to follow. It makes gift choosing so much easier, and there are usually a number of themes for every year. However, you shouldn’t feel pressured to follow any kind of theme, when looking for a wedding anniversary gift for her. Don’t fear the unknown and aim to find a gift with special meaning. Or a gift with significance. Keepsakes and home made mementos will always be very touching gifts. And your gift should be enjoyed by the receiver, as it represents a special time in your lives, and the true meaning of your relationship.
19 years as man and wife – give her 19 gifts
We like this idea and hope you do too, but are wondering how far you can take it. 19 gifts for 19 years sounds pretty reasonable, but where can you go when the number reaches fifty for example. A box containing 50 matches so you can light the flame of your love once more? Or 50 chocolates with her favorite filling.
But back to 19 gifts to represent 19 years of married life. 19 pairs of fluffy socks to keep her feet warm, 19 diamonds in a pendant, 19 flying lessons, 19 minutes in a Lamborghini, or write down 19 ways to say ‘I love you’. You should be getting the picture. Think about the things she likes doing and give her 19 gifts that will make the day fun.