18 years of marriage is worthy of celebration, even though it doesn’t feature in the traditional list of anniversary themes. Couples choose to celebrate in a number of different ways. Some choose to allow the day to pass quietly by, but this isn’t a course of action we’d happily recommend. Others choose to celebrate by sharing the moment with family and friends, while others prefer a more low key affair. Opting instead to exchange gifts and enjoy each others company. Which one you choose is a personal decision, but both options require the choosing of a token of affection. If this idea already has you hot under the collar take a chill pill, because we’re here to help.
18th Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
Silver-Dipped Rose Silver
- A real rose coated in pure silver
- In a stylish display case, with an authenticity certificate.
- Bright and lustrous mirror finish
Gold-Dipped Rose Gold rose
- A real rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- In a beautiful PU leather display case
- Brilliant and lustrous mirror finish
Jewelry Set Sets
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- In a high quality leather display case
Advice on buying 18th wedding anniversary gifts for her
Take a look on the internet and you’ll be amazed at the range of options. Gift sites abound online, but you should be sure your gift is a quality one. Ideally the gift you buy online should come with some kind of warranty. After all, women can sometimes be very fickle creatures, and she might not like what you buy. And if she decides your gift is not her cup of tea, it’ll be good if you can return it and exchange it for a gift she likes. Finding the perfect size isn’t always easy, when you do your gift shopping online, so try and find something for which you know her size.
Aim to stick to a budget, and don’t be tempted to take out a second mortgage for her 18 year anniversary gift. A gigantic price tag doesn’t always make a gift special, but if the gift is something she really wants its bound to tug her heart strings.
The modern list suggests porcelain as a theme for her 17 year anniversary gift
Porcelain, otherwise known as china or fine china, is a ceramic material made using a process of heating in a kiln. The name is derived from an old Italian word, porcellana (cowrie shell), because its surface resembles that of a shell. Kaolin is the primary material from which porcelain is made, and the finished product is known for its low permeability, elasticity, strength, hardness, translucency, resonance, and beauty.
There are many fine examples of porcelain that would make fine 17th wedding anniversary gifts. Here are just a few:
- Limoges porcelain – Consider giving your wife a piece of Limoges porcelain for her anniversary gift. It will be a really thoughtful idea if she’s a collector of ceramics, figurines, or trinkets, as Limoges is a world renowned name in porcelain circles.
- Porcelain jewelry – Porcelain can be made into some very beautiful pieces of jewelry. Look out for porcelain necklaces, pendants, rings or earrings. Some of the jewelry will have an artsy, modern feel, while some will have a more traditional look. Think about which one your wife would prefer and then buy it.
- Porcelain vase – This kind of 17 year gift for her can be personalized with your wedding date, and then filled with her favorite flowers. Or add an extra special touch with a gold dipped rose.
- Mugs for her breakfast coffee – Buy one just for her, or a matching pair, so you can enjoy your morning beverage in style. Have them printed with your nicknames, or pick ones with a humorous message, and it’ll be a bit of fun for you both to enjoy in the morning.
- Ceramics class – For a real bit of fun, enrol your beloved in a local ceramics class, or sign yourself and her up for pottery classes. Bring back the romance with a “Ghost” classic moment.
- Porcelain enamel cookware – You don’t have to go with the literal meaning of the word. Instead, buy her some enamel cookware so she can cook up a storm.
A very special stone for a very special lady
Cymophane is a stone in the family of chrysoberyl, and is otherwise known as ‘cat’s eye’. Cat’s eye became a popular gift during the 19th century. The Duke of Connaught gave a ring that was set with cat’s eye, as an engagement token, and this lead to an increase in its popularity and price. The increase in demand led to intense searches for it in Sri Lanka. The color of the gem ranges from apple green to honey brown, and it has been likened to the eye of a cat, hence its common name. The brown, golden shimmering tones seem to change as you move the jewel around in the light. Incorporate this jewel into a pendant, ring or bracelet, and if your lady is a cat-lover she’ll soon be purring with delight.
Choose an eighteenth anniversary gift for her that has sentimental value
Why not spend more time together for your 18th wedding anniversary and do something sentimental? Take a trip somewhere romantic, maybe to the location of your wedding or honeymoon. Or you could take the opportunity to go through some of your old photographs and create an anniversary album of memories. This is a great way to capture all those special moments in your relationship, and can always be brought out when she wants to reminisce.
Just because there aren’t any officially recognized themes for an 18th wedding anniversary, doesn’t give you the option of letting the moment pass. Find an 18 year anniversary present for her and you’ll be well on the way to enjoying many more happy years together.