There aren’t many people who would consider a 49th wedding anniversary to be a milestone year. However, that doesn’t mean the occasion should pass without giving your wife a gift. 49 years as man and wife is truly inspirational, and a gift to mark the occasion will be very appropriate. Next year it will be your golden anniversary, which is obviously going to be quite a celebration. But there are traditional aspects to a 49th anniversary too. Indeed, why not give your wife a 49th wedding anniversary gift that will display the depths of your love and affection?
This year you’ll have to look to the contemporary themes for your 49 year wedding anniversary gift
Wedding anniversaries have been celebrated for centuries. The tradition started way back in Medieval times. Hundreds of years ago, it was customary for husbands to give their wives a garland made of silver for a 25th wedding anniversary. Should they be healthy enough to reach 50 years the garland would be made of gold. A number of other themes were added over subsequent years, and in 1937, the American National Retail Jeweler Association devised a more comprehensive list. However, there were still a significant number of gaps, and a 49th anniversary was one of those missing themes.
Nowadays, a number of lists have been compiled, and all anniversary years have their own special theme, if you’re prepared to look for them. . If you’re looking for a 49 year wedding anniversary gift for her, we can save you some time by letting you know the theme is luxury goods.
49th Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
Silver-Dipped Rose Silver
- A real rose coated in pure silver
- In a stylish display case, with an authenticity certificate.
- Bright and lustrous mirror finish
Gold-Dipped Rose Gold rose
- A real rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- In a beautiful PU leather display case
- Brilliant and lustrous mirror finish
Jewelry Set Sets
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- In a high quality leather display case
Luxurious 49th wedding anniversary gift ideas for her
What springs to mind when you consider the meaning of luxury? The dictionary definition of luxury is a material object or service that is conducive to sumptuous living. It is usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than something considered a necessity. Seems a pretty simple description, so let’s share a few examples of the kind of gift you can give her for a 49 year wedding anniversary gift.
- Luxury toiletries – Most ladies have a bathroom cabinet full of potions and lotions. But if price is always a consideration these toiletries may not be top of the range. For a 49th wedding anniversary gift for her give her top branded hand creams, bath salts, soaps, and massage oils. Why not run her a bath and let her indulge herself for a few hours? She’ll emerge from the bathroom feeling like a celebrity.
- Luxury jewelry – How about an exquisite pendant and earrings set? Carefully crafted using real rose petals that have been glazed and trimmed with gold.
- Luxury food basket – Give her the opportunity to try some luxurious delicacies, she wouldn’t normally buy. Make up a basket of treats and include luxury chocolates, cheeses, cold meats, and other unusual culinary delights from around the world.
- Luxury champagne – She’ll feel like a celebrity, as she sips a glass of champagne, while enjoying an anniversary limo drive around your home town.
How about a luxury vacation for a 49 year anniversary gift for her? Does your wife have a dream destination she’s always longed to visit? As the theme this year is luxury, it’s going to have to be 5 star, and 1st class, all the way. You might even consider a luxury cruise for a taste of the high life. A luxury vacation will also give you both the opportunity to rekindle your love in an atmosphere of indulgence and comfortable surroundings.
How to pick the best 49 year anniversary gifts for her
It would take pages and pages to list all the possibilities for 49th anniversary gift ideas for her. We’ve mentioned just a few of them, but feel it’s more appropriate to offer up a few hints and tips on picking the right gift for a special lady.
- Following a theme isn’t obligatory – While it’s useful there is a theme to follow, you shouldn’t feel restricted or pressured to follow the customary theme.
- Use the number – Celebrate the number rather than using a theme for the basis of your gift. 49 years as man and wife deserves 49 special gifts.
- Show how much you care – You can easily show how much you care about her by basing your gift on an interest. If she enjoys a particular hobby or sport it will be perfect as an idea for her 49 year anniversary gift.
- Be romantic or sentimental – Anniversaries are a time to be romantic and thoughtful. And while it may not be in your nature to think in such a way, it’s easy with a little practice.
- Relive the day – 49 years ago you were enjoying your wedding day. Was there anything about the day your wife found disappointing? Has she ever said “If only we could have done such and such on our wedding day”? An anniversary is the perfect opportunity to set things right. If you couldn’t afford a limousine to drive her to the church, or your wedding photos were less than professional, it’s time to do things in the right way.
And don’t forget to celebrate your wedding anniversary with a well-written card, as part of the occasion. It may seem a little old-fashioned, but everyone loves to receive a card. Somehow an e-card can never capture the same feeling. The inscriptions inside can be very sentimental, or you always have the option of choosing a few words yourself.